Thursday, February 26, 2009

A good word and a few good surprises!

I read a blog post today from here that I can't fully understand yet.. but I'm keeping these thoughts tucked away for future reference.  I already think about how I want to be a "good" mom for my future kiddos.  Anyways, here is a piece of what I read--

I wish I could wave a magic wand and make the term “good mother” disappear forever.  Not because it’s wrong for us to want to be the very best we can be, but because I believe we as mothers have allowed ourselves to be sidetracked by an impossible standard of “good”.

We keep a checklist of mothering perfections, yet overlook one ironic fact - which is that God doesn’t ever really call us to be “good mothers,” at least not as we tend to define it.  Instead, He calls us to love Him, to become more like Him - that is, to be “godly” mothers.

God doesn’t want us to be “good mothers”; He simply wants us! He wants us to be His children, to draw on His strength, to learn from Him what it means to be a successful human being.

I just loved that.  It's hard to remember, but we NEED to remember it.  Not just with mothering but in all areas of life.  The only thing we need to worry about is being more Christ like.  The rest should just fall into place.  :)

 

Now, for the surprises!

Today at school I got a Valentine's gift from my sweet Noah and his parents.  I know Valentine's was a little while back, but that's fine by me.  It's a cute little notepad and some stationary!  I love it!IMG_0836

And when I got home from school, my hubby had a surprise waiting on me.  (He knows the way to my heart, by the way!)

Gummy Bears (in the gold pack) and a Mountain Dew, with a sweet little note.  I didn't take a pic of the note though.IMG_0838 IMG_0806

1 comment:

jill said...

my favorite surprises!!!! sour patch kids and a diet snapple will melt me every time! what a precious hubby!