Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ava's 1st Birthday

Our little Ava Nicole turned one today. It was a bittersweet day for me, and I'm sure for her parents. It seems like only weeks ago that I was waiting not so patiently at the hospital to meet her for the first time. She didn't really wanna come out I don't think. Aunt Lissa had to miss a final exam in order to see Miss Ava during her first minutes of life. I have to say, it was well worth it. I love this little girl more than I ever imagined I could. She is beautiful, sweet, funny, full of life and love. She gives the best lovin' ever... sweet hugs and kisses and cuddles. I simply think she's the best.

Today for her birthday, some close family gathered at Candice (my sister) and Dom's house to celebrate. We took pictures, opened presents (Ava got lots of clothes!!), sang Happy Birthday, ate cake, took a bath, and played with new toys! I believe her favorite new toy is the huge pink ball that Mommy and Daddy got her. We had so much fun!

I took over 150 pictures. Instead of posting a bunch, I just made a small collage of some of my favorites.
(click to make larger)


HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, AVA NICOLE!!!

Aunt Lissa Loves You!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwww! I love it! I love all of the pictures too! I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful baby, I wonder if things are going to back fire on me when she becomes a teenager?? lol

we love you aunt lissa!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little girl! :D