Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cheesy Chicken Roll Ups

I don’t remember where I got this recipe.  I remember getting it from somewhere on the internet right after I got married and started trying to find simple meal ideas.

This is super duper simple and pretty yummy, too.  Justin actually requests this one!

 

Cheesy Chicken Crescents

8 oz. cream cheese

4 T melted butter

2-3 cups cooked chicken

1/2 t salt

1/4 t pepper

2 cans crescent rolls

Mix first five ingredients together.  (I usually throw in a little extra seasoning)

Unroll crescent rolls and separate into squares.

Press seams together so they stay squares.

Put a spoonful of mix in the middle of each square and fold (like a hot pocket).

Seal the edges.

Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Here is a pic of the finished product..

IMG_4148

It doesn’t look too appealing, really.  But trust me, the yumminess is on the inside!  And the flaky crescent roll crust doesn’t hurt one bit :)

2 comments:

jill said...

yumm! definitely trying this one when my tummy is no longer my enemy. :) happy friday, friend!

jill said...

We do something really similar, where you use same basic ingredients but also a can of soup and you make a casserole. It bakes in less time and I'm sure the flavor is really similar. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send the recipe to you. Visit me at http://lilmouse.blogsite.org or click on my link at Jen's site for more country dinners!