Monday, January 26, 2009

Prayers are better

Today one of the things I read was Exodus 16-18. The people of Israel were griping and complaining about not having all the water and food that they wanted. They were complaining to Moses and Aaron instead of praying that God would send the food and water they needed.

This is what the footnote said-- "Some problems can be solved by careful thought or by rearranging our priorities. Some can be solved by discussion and good counsel. But some problems can be solved only by prayer. We should make a determined effort to pray when we feel like complaining because complaining only raises our level of stress. Prayer quiets our thoughts and emotions and prepares us to listen."

This really, really spoke to me where I am today. Justin tells me alot that I complain too much. I don't like that about myself at all. I really do want to be a positive, glass half full type of person. Lately I have been complaining about some things that I wish were different in my life.. like not having as much money as I would like, Justin not having a new job yet, not having as many good friends as I would hope for, etc. But through my Bible time today, I believe God is telling me yet again to give it all over to Him.

No comments: