Saturday, January 3, 2009

Just what I needed

I just sat down to do my daily Bible reading.  I haven't even read the scripture yet.  Only the devotion that goes with it.  It really, really spoke to me.

Lately Justin and I have been waiting.. and waiting.. and waiting.  We know that God's ways and thoughts are higher than ours and that His timing is perfect.  It's still sometimes so easy to wonder, "has He forgotten me?"  The answer is simply, No.  He can't forget.  He's God.  We just need to be trusting and faithful and patient.

Here is a little piece of what I read that stuck out to me:

For one hundred and fifty days the ark floated on the receding waters of the flood. How agonizingly long the days and weeks must have seemed after the silence came upon the earth and the waters lapped ceaselessly against the sides of the ark. Had God forgotten? Was the experience to go on forever? Has God forgotten you? Will your experience of waiting go on forever? No. God remembered. God remembered Noah, and God will remember you. God is never in a hurry. That is why when you are in the middle of the storm, you can rest and wait with the assurance that God will remember you too!

He was talking about Noah and his family.  Tonight I'm going to read in Genesis about the great flood and how God spared Noah's family.

It's so incredibly awesome to me that the Word is living.  Even the pages of the Old Testament are filled with words and stories that will speak to us.  God speaks to us through his Word; we just need to read... and listen.

No comments: