Tuesday, January 20, 2009

3's and a Recipe

Today was officially my first day student teaching, but I didn't do too much with the kids. I did paperwork and watched some videos and then toured the school before I went to my new classroom. I will be teaching in a 3 year old class of 13 students. There are only 4 girls, and they are all as cute as can be! I tried hard to learn names today, but still don't know them all. A few of the kids clung to me from the very beginning, so I know them pretty well. My "lead teacher" seems very friendly and down-to-earth. I'm glad about that. I like people that are easy to talk to, especially when I know I'll have a million questions. I'm pretty excited about what's to come, but at the same time still really nervous! Pray for me!

In other news... I cooked a new recipe last night. Justin and I both liked it alot, so I figured I would post it. I can't remember who I got it from, but here it is now:

Cheesy Chicken Roll Ups

8 oz. cream cheese

4 T melted butter

4 C cooked chicken (or 2 cans chicken)

1/2 t salt

1/4 t pepper

2 cans crescent rolls

 

Mix all ingredients together.

Unroll crescent rolls and separate into squares.

Press seams together so they stay squares.

Put a spoonful of mix in the middle of each square and fold (like a hot pocket).

Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

We like are food spicy, so I seasoned our chicken while cooking it with a variety of spices! It was so yummy! Sorry about not having pictures. I was in a hurry cause it was getting late and we were starving! :)

No comments: