Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year is Here

It's a brand new start with a brand new year. We started it off right, I believe. With family. Justin and I went to my Mamaw's house for lunch. Every year she cooks ham, cabbage, black eyed peas, macaroni and cheese, and cornbread. This year was no different, and the food was delicious! We even had peach cobbler for dessert!

My Aunt Donna, sister, Dom, and Ava were also there. Of course I had to snap some pics of my babygirl!

IMG_0180

IMG_0204

IMG_0230

And here are some pictures of the kitties and a sneak peak at our "new" kitchen...

CIMG2197 CIMG2196

Samson is so funny.. he sits and lays like this alot!

CIMG2193

Ignore the mess. We still have a good bit of work to do. So far, we have just painted in here!

Before

melissaandjustin 077 melissaandjustin 080

and After

CIMG2186 CIMG2187

Also, I did a little looking around to find the plan I wanted to follow for reading the Bible in a year. Here is the one I decided on. It's a blog with a devotion and a word about the scripture for each day. Today, I read Genesis 1:1-4:7. This really stuck out to me:

4:7 "Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master."

It's so true with us today. Evil is all around us all the time. We need to recognize temptations for what they are and stop them before we fall into sin.

I guess that's it for now. I may be posting a recipe later tonight!

No comments: