Thursday, July 9, 2009

This is not a joke. Sadly.

I was trying to find things to do instead of doing The Shred bored a few minutes ago and decided to look through the pictures that are still on my memory card in my camera.

I found this one and had to post about it.IMG_2131

A week or so ago Justin and I made a late night trip to Wal-Mart and came home with the above items.  Sick, isn't it?

Apparently we are sweet addicts.  All the more reason I need to be doing the Shred DVD. 

In my defense, three of those items were for 1 dessert.  My mother-in-law told me how to make dump cake.  It is probably the easiest dessert in the world that everyone else knows about already.  But I'll share anyway.

DUMP CAKE:

1 CAN STRAWBERRY PIE FILLING (CAN ALSO USE ANY OTHER FLAVOR YOU LIKE)

1 DUNCAN HINES BUTTER RECEIPE CAKE MIX

1 STICK MARGARINE

Spread pie filling in 13 x 9 pan – better to use a glass pan that has a cover as you need to keep it in the refrigerator.

Spread dry cake mix over the top of the pie filling evenly.

Melt the margarine and pour it over the top of the dry cake mix.

Bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes.

Serve with ice cream!!!

It's really yummy.  You should try it!  Also, I had to use a little more than 1 stick of butter to cover the whole thing.

1 comment:

jill said...

what level are you doing on the shred? i tried level 2 for the first time yesterday and may not recover. and the cake looks yummy!!!! if i baked, i'd for sure try it. ha!