Wednesday, April 8, 2009

student teaching

I'm tired.  I've been tired every day this week.  Those two year olds are wearing me out!  Thankfully next week is spring break for me.  I think a break is much needed.  And after break, I only have 2 weeks left!  :)

Don't get me wrong, I love those babies.  And I have been having fun.  I'm just ready for a break.

This week we were learning about Easter.  I put together a few little activities I thought I would share.  They are VERY simple.  Remember, my babies are only two!

First, for our science center I made a "touch and feel bunny".  IMG_0973 I just did my best (which was still pretty bad!) at drawing a bunny.  I covered it with cotton balls and added eyes and a nose from construction paper.  The kids got to feel the bunny and understand more about the concept of "soft" vs. hard.

Then I bought some large plastic eggs from the dollar store in different colors.IMG_0969 The children take turns playing with this activity.They simply match up the colors.  It helps with color recognition and really makes them feel like they have accomplished something. 

This next activity is one of my favorites for them.  What do you get when you put together plastic eggs, black eyed peas, and hot glue??  Egg Shakers!!!IMG_0963

You can do this with any filler.  I just used the peas because I had them in my pantry!

IMG_0961 IMG_0955The kids love anything that makes noise, so they really enjoy these.  We use them to have parades around the room and to enhance our dancing.

Lastly, I'll leave you with our new fingerplay from this week....IMG_0972

All of these things are so simple, but the kiddos love them.  And that makes me happy!  :)

Happy Hump Day, everyone!!!

2 comments:

jill said...

umm, hi. i'll be stealing each and every one of these activities for next year. thanks so much!!!!!! :) these are WONDERFUL. i made an egg matching game with plastic eggs for number recognition ... i drew dots on one half and wrote a number on the other. then they have to find the number to match each set of dots. easy, but they loooooove it!

Stephanie said...

I bet your two year olds LOVE you!!! What great activities for them!