Wednesday, April 22, 2009

His Timing

I really love blogging.  Why?  Several reasons...  1) I get to express myself, my thoughts, etc and capture memories that I will one day look back on and want to remember.  2) I get so much joy out of reading other people's blogs.  They make me laugh and cry and believe and hope.  3)  I really believe that God teaches me and speaks to me through the blogs of other people.  It has happened several times, and today is another one of those times.

After reading what I posted last, you will understand how this little excerpt from Without Wax was exactly what I needed to hear.

In John 11 we discovered TRUE HOPE DEVELOPS WHEN YOU ACCEPT GOD’S POWER AND TIMING. Most of the time we want his power, we want his strength, but we don’t want his calendar.

I love what Mark Batterson said about this in  Wild Goose Chase

“I tend to live the way I drive. I want to get from point A to point B in the shortest amount of time and by the easiest route possible. But I’ve come to realize that getting where God wants me to go isn’t nearly as important as becoming who God wants me to be in the process. And God seems to be far less concerned with where I’m going than with who I’m becoming.

The friction for many of us comes in that we’re a lot more concerned with where we are going and what we’re accomplishing than who we’re becoming. We’ve got it opposite and it drives a barrier into the work God is trying to do in us.

 

Thank you, Jesus, for showing me this at just the right time.  And thank you, Pete, for sharing your wise words.

1 comment:

jill said...

thank you for YOUR words! just EXACTLY what i needed to hear today. it's amazing how God puts the right people in the right place to say the right thing at the right time. and for me, you're it! thanks, friend!!