Friday, August 28, 2009

food for thought and for dinner

First I want to share something I read on one of my new(er) favorite blogs.  Sarah from Kingdom Twindom is an awesome and talented and funny writer.  She has two sets of twins and a baby.  Even with all the business of her day to day life, she takes time to write and inspire.

Something I've discovered over these last several years is how very childishly I can [potentially] react to what I like to refer to as "life's little tiffs". Life's tiffs are not important, and they do not really qualify as battles; still, they are unpleasant things we must deal with in our day-to-day lives.
Fender Benders
Burned dinners
Interrupting an all-important activity (like writing a blog post) to solve an argument or discipline a child
Even bad hair days
But another thing I've learned, and quite unpleasantly I might add, is that when I am going through an actual battle (and only when I am going through it God's way) I am much more equipped to handle the tiffs.

Isn't that so true?!  I know it is for me.  I love how real she is.

Anyway, to read the entire post, click here.

 

And what's for dinner?  I'm thinking about trying a new recipe for sweet and sour meatballs.  If we like it, I'll share it!

 

 

PS: sorry the blog writing has slowed down lately.  I've been in a slump.  Writer's block, maybe?  Or maybe our lives have just been boring.  Just school and work and laundry and dishes.  Yuck!  But, I hope to start updating regularly again soon. 

1 comment:

jill said...

miss you! let me know about the dinner ...i need some new stuff to add to the line-up. seems like the same old stuff all the time!