Saturday, September 3, 2011

it’s officially baby month

So here I sit on a drizzly and lazy Saturday.  It’s the first Saturday in September.  And September is “baby month”!!!  I woke up a couple days ago thinking that, “wow… I’m having a baby this month!”  It’s really an overwhelming thought that brings all kinds of emotions.  Even though I feel like my pregnancy has absolutely flown by, I feel like I’ve waited forever for this month to arrive.

Everywhere I go these days, I have people asking how much longer and telling me that they know I must be so ready.  And they surely are right.  When asked about three weeks ago if I was ready.. my answer was no.  I still had too much to do.  I didn’t feel prepared.  What a difference a few weeks can make!  Now I really cannot wait to see my son and hold him and kiss him and talk about who he looks like and take a million pictures of him and share him with our families and friends.  I would be perfectly happy to have him tomorrow if I knew he would be healthy!

Besides hanging some artwork and picture frames, Judah’s room is completely ready for him.  All of his clothes are washed and folded.  His sheets have been washed and his crib put together.  I have his little bathtub and baby washes all ready to go.  Even his little diaper bag is packed with anything and everything I could think of to pack.  We are ready.

Justin has been talking about it more and more, too.  He looks at my huge belly and sees the rolling around that his son is doing under my skin and is amazed.  He has talked many times about how ready he is to meet Judah and to see his little face.  I’m so glad that he is excited.  I know he will be an awesome daddy.  :)  He has definitely been a great daddy-to-be.  So understanding and full of grace towards me.  These last couple weeks I have been very uncomfortable, kinda lazy, and a little grouchy even.  I haven’t done a wonderful job of keeping the house clean or cooking dinner.  I have done a whole bunch of sleeping and resting on the couch with my feet up.  But Justin hasn’t complained one time. 

He has been very thoughtful and even surprised me the other morning.  I have been super duper craving cereal lately.  Before I went to bed and he left for work one night, I was complaining that we were out of cereal but I didn’t want to go to the store.  I knew he didn’t have time to go to the store before work either.  But I woke up the next morning to not one, but four boxes of cereal and an almond joy waiting on the kitchen counter for me to choose from.  It made my little [big] pregnant day! haha.

IMG_0389

I packed my bag for the hospital last night.  I’ll be 37 weeks and full term on Monday!  So we could go anytime now.  I know that it’s not likely I would go into labor early with my first child… but at least we know I’m prepared and ready if need be!  I go weekly to the doctor now, and last week I had some bloodwork done and had a “check”.  My body had not progressed at all yet, even though I had been having a bunch of cramps and pressure.  I go back to the doctor this coming Wednesday, and this time we will have an ultrasound.  The U/S will be used to measure Judah and see if he is still measuring big.  If so, we may be inducing as early as the following week!!!! (That means in just over a week I could be meeting Judah!)  If he isn’t measuring too big and everything else looks good as well, I guess we may just let him do his thing and come when he’s ready.  I’m so anxious about this appointment.  I’m ready to have a plan.. not to mention, I’m just ready to see his little face on that screen again!

But for now we wait.

And while I wait.. I have a few things to keep me busy.  I need to write thank you cards, cook some meals to put in the freezer, and plan a newborn photo shoot for my little man!  I won’t be too upset, though, if I don’t have time to get it all done before he decides to join us.

No comments: