Sunday, August 28, 2011

36 weeks

week36

Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 36 weeks

Size of baby: supposed to be 18.75 inches and 5.75 pounds

Maternity clothes: everything except for skirts and stretchy waist pants is maternity now.

Gender: baby boy. Judah Scott Perkins.

Movement: Still lots of movement.  He really seems to enjoy poking his hiney/back/feet and possibly other body parts out.  Sometimes it feels like he’s trying to escape through the front.

Sleep: It seems like it takes me forever to fall asleep these days.. but once I get to sleep I’m doing okay.  Still up a few times at night.

What I miss: This week I’ve started missing my stamina.  Just walking through Wal-Mart or Target gets the best of me.  And don’t even get me started on cleaning the house.  I have to take breaks between each task. 

Cravings: none that I can remember.

Aversions: pot roast.  raw chicken.

Symptoms: More of the same.  But add to it some nausea and period like cramping that comes and goes pretty often.  The doctor says it’s just my body preparing for labor.  Some people tell me it’s probably Braxton Hicks.  Either way, it’s not comfortable.

Best moment this week: Realizing that within a month, I will have a little boy in my arms is pretty amazing.  :).  I start my weekly doctors appointments now too.

No comments: