Wednesday, September 7, 2011

we have a date!

Today we had our weekly baby doctor appointment and an ultrasound.  I had Justin go with me to this appointment so he could see Judah one last time on the big screen before meeting him in person.  I also wanted Justin to meet our doctor before she is actually delivering our son in the hospital!

Everything went well today.  I had gained a few more pounds (blah).. I had a great blood pressure.. Judah’s heart rate was 140 bpm.. He is still head down and has even dropped into position!

It was so neat to see the ultrasound this time.  He has gotten so big in there that he is all crammed in, making it difficult to clearly see the different body parts.  We did get a good angle of his little profile and saw that he had some hair!  He kept putting his hand up by his face though, so we didn’t really see his face from the front.  We found out that he is still measuring a little bigger than average with a big head and weighing right around 7.5-8 pounds!  His little heart was flickering away on the screen, and we could clearly see all four chambers.  I’m so happy to know that he is a healthy boy :).

US 37 weeks

US 37 weeks (2)

After the ultrasound, we saw the doctor.  I am officially 1 cm dilated, and Judah is engaged but not super low.  Doctor went ahead and stripped my membranes today (which hurt like CRAZY! by the way), so we are hoping I’ll go into labor soon!  We did go ahead and set an induction date, though.. just in case I don’t go into labor.  The big day will be in 2 weeks… 9/21/11! 

It’s so hard to believe that I will have  a baby in my arms in two weeks or less.  It’s really crazy thinking that I may know his birth date already!  This is so exciting and unreal!

After the appointment, we called lots of friends and family with the news and then decided to nap.  Now I’m up and trying to think of all that is left for me to do in order to be totally ready for this little man’s arrival!

2 comments:

Marcie said...

I can't wait to see what he looks like! He will be here before you know it!

Just Brandi said...

so cute!! Praying for a smooth labor and delivery for you guys!!!