Sunday, March 22, 2009

the weekend

Oh how I love weekends! Especially weekends with good weather. It's been gorgeous around here lately. Not too hot, not too cold, not too windy... just sunny and wonderful!

Saturday Justin surprised me and got someone to work for him so we could spend the day together. We just hung out at the house mostly. Oh, and we went "tree hunting". Ha. We want to plant an oak tree in our front yard. We went out in some woods behind his parents house to look for one, but didn't have any luck. This is what we were looking for and didn't find--

Later that evening, we decided to go out and eat.

I have lost about 8 pounds on my diet. And what better way to celebrate weight loss than by eating out AND having dessert?! haha! :) I know, it makes no sense. But it sure was good!

Justin was not feeling the camera, and this is the one and only picture I got from the evening.CIMG2391

Today (Sunday) was my very first time to help out with Kids' Church. I didn't really do too much. My job description is "crowd control". The kids were really well behaved, though, and I didn't have to get mean with 'em. ;)

I actually got a lot out of the message. It was about the peace of God and how He's with us all the time. We have access to Him and His peace in every circumstance. We just have to accept it.

And then...

it was time for prayer. Dun, dun, dunnnn...

I pray for myself and for others all the time. But I have prayed out loud for someone very, VERY few times. Crystal (the teacher of the class I was helping) asked me to come and help pray with the kids. My heart started racing and my palms got sweaty. I have no clue why, but that thought made me sooooo nervous.

I didn't think I would know what to say. But I did it anyway. It ended up being an awesome experience. I prayed with this little girl that one of her family members would come to know Jesus. She was very worried about this person. We prayed about her concerns and that God would just give her peace in this situation.

It moved me to tears. I could not believe that I was crying! It was very moving. And afterward the girl looked at me in they eyes and said, "Thank you so much for doing that." It made it all worth it.

That's all for now. I'm off to enjoy the rest of my weekend! It's back to school and student teaching tomorrow.

Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

jill said...

what a sweet time at church!!! no church time for us today ... sophie b has a runny nose and was up and fussing from 4-6 this morning. sooooo, she and her mommy worshipped in the big bed today! love the pic of you and the hubby - wish i was as cute as you are!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Hey! thanks for reading our blog! :) graham was definitely more interested in all of the people around him than he was all of the animals. We still had a blast anyway! Even though my poor lil man was probably sweating to death! ;) You and your hubby are sooooo adorable!!! oh and BTW, you will have to tell me about this diet you are on.

Laura said...

Hi, Melissa! I found your blog via Kelly's Korner! I live in NE Louisiana, too! Small world! Love your blog BTW!!

morgan buxton said...

oh wow! im crying reading this!!! that is so sweet!