Monday, June 6, 2011

23 weeks + 24 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 23 weeks (no pic this week)

Size of baby: 11.5 inches.. size of a large mango.

Maternity clothes: Pants are maternity or stretchy, and shirts are still a good mix.

Gender: baby boy.  Judah Scott Perkins.

Movement:  Movement is throughout the day not.. not only when I’m sitting still or laying down.  I love to feel these little movements.  Sweet reminders that he is in there and still doing okay.

Sleep: Sleep is good I guess.  I’m waking up a few times a night to reposition myself, but go right back to sleep.

What I miss:  not much this week!

Cravings:  mainly just fruit (watermelon, pineapple, strawberries) and sweets!

Aversions:  I cannot bring myself to cook raw chicken!  Also, the thought of pot roast has had me gagging.  For this week add the smell of a ripe banana to the list.  I took a bite of one and smelled it and then threw it in the trash.  SO NASTY!

Symptoms: back ache, thirstier than usual, itchy belly, and starting to be hot more often.

Best moment this week:  Justin getting to feel Judah kick was really neat.

 

week24

Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 24 weeks

Size of baby: 12.5 inches.. size of corn on the cob.

Maternity clothes: Pants are maternity or stretchy, and shirts are still a good mix.

Gender: baby boy. Judah Scott Perkins.

Movement: Lots of moves this week!  Some of them were pretty hard.

Sleep: Sleep is good I guess. I’m waking up a few times a night to reposition myself, but go right back to sleep.

What I miss: cooler weather… it’s already SO hot!

Cravings: frozen yogurt/ice cream

Aversions: I cannot bring myself to cook raw chicken! Also, the thought of pot roast has had me gagging.

Symptoms: back ache, itchy belly, and hot.

Best moment this week: We had a baby doctor appointment and heard Judah’s heartbeat again.  I also had my first baby shower this past week.

No comments: