Monday, January 3, 2011

I’m a proud wife

It’s been an amazing experience to watch my husband walk through the last couple of years.  To think about him when we started dating and then to think about him now, there is such a huge difference.  He is still the same person I fell in love with, yet so different.  He has shown so much growth and maturity in many areas.  Ministry school along with many hours of prayer and reading the Word have shaped him and molded him into something new.  And I’m thrilled to know it’s a process that is going to continue as long as he lives.  He is determined to know who he is in Christ.  He’s determined to have a real relationship with God.  And he is determined to follow the Lord wherever He may lead. 

I seriously LOVE this about my man.  Even when I have no idea what the future holds, I can know that if I follow Justin, I will be following Jesus.  There is such a peace in knowing that.

The thing that really got me thinking on this tonight is this picture…

IMG_0275

Justin was leading a devotional time for the addiction recovery class that he used to attend.  He really is a living, breathing miracle.  God rescued him from a filthy life of drugs, alcohol, lying, stealing, etc and made him into a new creation.  Now Justin is able to use that testimony to help others.  He spoke this night on finding identity in Christ.  It was really good and touched the hearts of many in the class.

One would never imagine that only 2 years ago, Justin hated standing in front of people.  He did not like speaking in front of groups at all!  Now he does it like a pro!

I’m one proud wife.

2 comments:

My Not So Simple, Domestic Life said...

Hi. I "stumbled" across your blog this evening. I have really enjoyed reading about the journey that God has begun taking you and your husband on these past couple of years. My husband and I lead a small group at our church and most of the people in the group are recovered/recovering addicts. Its amazing to watch God strip away everything He doesn't want in these people and transform them to look like Him. And to participate in that process is humbling and thrilling at the same time. I hope you don't mind if I "follow" you and see where God will lead you 2 next! ~Katie

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! I LOVE it when couples truly LOVE and support each other!