Sunday, January 23, 2011

a baby

 

“A baby will make love stronger,

days shorter, nights longer,

bankroll smaller, home happier,

clothes shabbier, the past forgotten,

and the future worth living for.”

-unknown

I still can’t really believe that I’m going to have a baby.  It seems so unreal.  Although I do NOT want to get sick or anything, I am sorta looking forward to having some sort of pregnancy symptom.  I want this to feel real.

Up until now my only “symptoms” would be some light cramping and being tired.  But I’ve been attributing the tiredness to a cold that I’ve had all week. 

I went to the Doctor on Friday and had the pregnancy confirmed.  I’m SO ready to go back and have an ultrasound!  I want to see the little blob and heartbeat on the screen so bad!!!  I’m also anxious to find out if there is one or two little miracles growing in there…

I don’t have a picture to go along with this, so I’m going to post a picture of the very first purchase I made for this baby.  I bought this pack of onesies wayyy back before Justin and I ever started officially “trying”.  My plan was to use the “handsome like daddy” one to announce the pregnancy to Justin when I found out.  That plan didn’t work since he was home with me when I got the positive test, but I still love having these to look at.

IMG_0330

1 comment:

jill said...

i am BEYOND excited for you!!!! and fear not ... i didn't 'feel' pregnant until i was almost 20 weeks. i never threw up, was nauseated only for about 5 minutes and took forever to feel s start kicking. sometimes it just takes a while to sink in. take good care of yourself, mama!!

xoxo