Wednesday, June 2, 2010

more stuff

Hmmm..  I just feel like blogging.

I don’t really like that I haven’t blogged anything of substance lately, but that’s just how it is.  Just lots and lots of randomness going on.

To start out this post I will do a little bragging.  **First let me preface this with the fact that my in-laws are coming in town on Friday, and I’ve been a little concerned with when I would have time to get the house all cleaned up before they get here.**  Now on with the bragging---  When I got home from work today, I walked in to find the floors swept and vacuumed, the bed made, the clutter cleaned up, and the dishes done.  I have one fabulous husband :) :) :)  Now all I have to do is clean the bathrooms, mop,  and dust.  I’m super pumped! 

IMG_6625

I’m also pretty excited about a special little deal that Race Trac is running around here.  Not sure if it’s just this area or not, but I’m happy about it.  You can buy a cup from them for like 6 or 7 bucks and then get free refills all summer long!  Justin and I both got one and have already gotten our money’s worth.  I wonder if Sonic will miss me?! Ha!

IMG_6619

And to top it all off, I just got a new book to read.  No, I still haven’t finished the other 3 that I’ve started… but I have a feeling this one will be a really quick read for me.

IMG_6617

Angie Smith has a wonderful touching and inspiring blog called Bring the Rain.  If you don’t already read it, you should check it out.  This book is all about her pregnancy with her fourth daughter, Audrey, that passed away soon after birth and the story of how her family kept hope through the tragedy.

I haven’t started it yet, but probably will tonight.  I know I’m most likely going to cry my eyes out.  I have such a soft heart for people that experience miscarriages or lose their little ones.  I literally tear up with big alligator tears just thinking about how that must feel… and surely the reality of it is a million times worse than I even imagine.

2 comments:

lindsey and jeremy said...

let me know how it is. I have been wanting to read it. I read her blog on occasion.

Jessica said...

let me know if you enjoyed the book. i have been reading her blog for years.. pretty much since it began. and when i found out i was pregnant, i had to take a break from reading it. i've started back up again, tho & was considering getting the book.