Sunday, May 30, 2010

brain dump

I have lots of random thoughts bouncing around that I need to get out, so…….

 

-We got the camera in this weekend, and I’m not completely happy with it.  The colors just seemed a little off, the flash was insanely bright, and I decided I didn’t need many of the features it comes with.  I guess we will be sending it back Tuesday and waiting for a refund so that we can order another one!

Any suggestion on a great point and shoot digital camera??  I have read so many reviews that my head is spinning.  I can’t even keep them straight anymore… but I’m so ready to have a camera again!

 

-In other news, it’s HOT!  The temperature has been reaching into the 100s, and it’s only May!  I cannot even imagine how scorching it will be this summer.  I’m kinda dreading the moving process at the end of June.  Yikes!  We will be needing LOTS of ice water, that’s for sure!

AVA 5-7-10 103

-Good news…  I am working on a new website for my photography business!!!  It’s almost finished, and I cannot wait to share it with everyone!  Justin and I have been taking some big steps in regards to this little hobby/business of mine.  I am registered now, so nobody else can use the name “Melissa Perkins Photography” (in this area anyway).  I have set up a business checking account so that all business expenses are kept separate from personal expenses.  I am working with someone on creating a logo for me.  I have a few sessions set up for June and really, really hope to get more soon!

Anyone in DFW or West Monroe need new photos??  Hit me up!  I will love you forever!!! haha :)  www.melissaperkinsphotography.com

 

-My mom-in-law, dad-in-law, and sis-in-law will all be in town this coming up weekend.  I’m very excited to see them and very excited that we are going to the Fort Worth Zoo!  I have heard such great things about it and have been wanting to go for a while now.

 

-I’m most likely trying a new recipe tonight for dinner.  If I do and if it’s any good I will share it here.  It seems like it has been a long time since I’ve posted a recipe.  In all honesty, I just haven’t been cooking much lately.  I’m not sure why.  I need to get back into that.

No comments: