Friday, March 26, 2010

Mini Cheesecakes

I read a blog called Enjoying the Small Things. It’s written by a mother and photographer, Kelle Hampton.  It’s a beautiful blog with well written stories of her daily life and some really breathtaking photos of her two girls. 

It’s really been inspiring me to take time out to notice the little stuff in life.  I’ve been thinking about how it’s almost April and that makes me feel a little torn.  I’m happy because it’s spring time and summer will be here soon.  I love the warmer weather and all that comes along with that.  But at the same time, I’m kind of sad that the time has gone by so fast.  If I hadn’t been blogging from time to time, I’m not sure I could tell you much about what has happened in the past 3 months.  Sure, I remember the big stuff, but I have not been enjoying the small stuff like I should.  One of my new goals is to soak it all in.  Enjoy life.  I don’t want to just coast day in and day out in the same old routines and forget that life is what we make it.

That is quite a long introduction, but moving on…

I found this recipe (that I made for our date night recently) on Kelle’s blog that I just had to try.  I’m so glad I did. 

Simple, Quick, Delicious! 

IMG_4833

Mini Cheesecakes from Mama

2 (8oz) pkgs. cream cheese, softened

2 eggs

1/2 c. sugar

2 tsp. vanilla

12 vanilla wafers

fruit topping

Preheat oven to 350.  In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla; beat 5 minutes.  Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.  Place 1 vanilla wafer in each cup.  Divide cream cheese mix evenly over wafers.  Bake about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Refrigerate.  Serve with fruit topping.

**I did not have vanilla wafers.  I used graham cracker pieces instead, and it still tasted wonderful!!!

1 comment:

Little Mrs. Shirey said...

Oh my gosh those look WONDERFULLLL!!