Friday, November 6, 2009

bits and pieces

For a while now I have felt like blogging, but could not think of a thing to write about.  My life has seemed utterly and completely ordinary. mundane. BORING.

And it still does.

But I am procrastinating on house work bored and feel like blogging!

As you can see, I just made over the blog for the second time in, what, a week? Ha

Besides waking up, going to work, coming home, doing dishes, doing laundry, taking the dog out, eating, showering, and sleeping… I have finally finished reading Crazy Love.  I didn’t keep up with the online group of readers as much as I hoped I would.  However, the book in itself was wonderful.  It’s so very eye opening.  So convicting.  So real.  I think every single chapter touched me in some way.  I definitely feel inspired to walk out the life that God has called me to.  It’s a life of abandonment and sacrifice.  It’s going to be hard, but it’s going to be worth it all.

Chan says this in the last chapter of the book: “We say things like, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” and “Trust in the Lord with all your heart.”  Then we live and plan like we don’t believe God even exists… But true faith means holding nothing back.  It means putting every hope in God’s fidelity to His promises.”

Wow.  That strikes home with me.  I can quote those scriptures along with some others just as well as anyone else, but do I live like I believe them?  Not sure I can say that I do 100% of the time.  I want to though.  I want to have a greater faith and trust in God.  Not just one that I talk about and tell others about, but one that I actually LIVE out day to day. 

I’ve been thinking about the future SO much lately.  It’s pretty much all I can think about.  I try to sit back and tell myself to “enjoy the journey” and whatnot, but it’s easier said than done.  I have such big dreams and high hopes for my future.  In my mind my future years will hold much more excitement and love and passion than my current life does.  Is that how it always is for everyone?  I very much want to be happy with where I am now.  I am to an extent.  But still, I yearn for the things/times/people/places that aren’t here yet.  I cannot wait to see my future children’s faces.  I cannot wait to see the foreign countries and people that I will meet while doing missions work with my husband.  I cannot wait to see how my future career situation looks (if I even have one!).  I could go on and on. 

I have had such vision and purpose poured back into me lately.  I have had ideas of how to bless others with my talents.  It’s really cool.  Now I'm just in the period of waiting.  I’m looking at it as a period of training.  Right now we are being trained and prepared for what the future holds.  And I guess I’m developing my patience.  Why is it so hard to wait?!! 

Another thing I have been spending a lot of time with lately is photography.  I have not actually been shooting, but just educating myself more.  I have been reading and watching online tutorials.  I’ve been playing around a little bit with photoshop.  I love it.

I’m super excited about going back to LA for the Thanksgiving holiday.  We will be there for an entire week.  An entire week of family and friends and food!  What could be better??!!  Wahooo!

I guess that’s all for now. 

Well, after this picture…

Imported Photos 00068

I so wanna be there right now!

1 comment:

jill said...

love this post. i needed this today.... love what you write. thanks, friend!!!!