Wednesday, April 14, 2010

new!

Over the past few weeks I’ve been meaning to make a couple small posts about some new stuff.. so I decided to roll it all into one.

First of all, my dad-in-law donated an iphone to me at the beginning of last month.  I think it was much needed.  I have been loving it. 

***What are the best apps?****

Then I decided to order a new cover for the phone.  I just knew I couldn’t spend much money.  My great friend Lacey helped me find one for twenty cents! Haha.. can’t beat that! 

IMG_5395

While Justin was in El Salvador for missions, he wanted to bring me a surprise/souvenir.  The gift he got me is perfect.  I had been storing my necklaces on the bathroom doorknobs.  Each and every time the door was opened or closed, it was accompanied by the sound of about 15 necklaces clanking together.  And on top of that, they were always tangled!

The gift…

IMG_5387

I love that it say’s “El Salvador”.  We will always remember that it came from his very first missions trip as he stepped into his calling.  Very cool.  And I love that it keeps me a tad more organized! 

This past weekend my friend Jenna’s parents came into town.  We just love them, and they love us like family.  We all went to lunch together, then the girls and Dustin headed out for some shopping!  Mrs. Ann graciously bought me a much needed new purse!  I was pumped!

IMG_5402

I LOVE getting new stuff, especially gifts.  It just feels good.  But I have to say that lately I have been really struggling with conviction over not wanting, or feeling like I “need”, material stuff.  It will all fade away.  I try to remember that, but it’s not always easy.

1 comment:

Lindsey Dowdy said...

Okay I love the i phone cover. where did u get it for 20 cents? That purse it too cute!!!