Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Day and My Promise

Today has not been a very exciting one. I woke up and spent a little time with the hubby and then got dressed and went to work. I worked extra hours today (from 12-6pm). The day was d.r.a.g.g.i.n.g by all day. Finally, I come home to find out that because of the yucky weather, we still don't have cable. That turned out to be a good thing though!
I did dishes, laundry, cleaned the kitchen and even vacuumed a little bit!

Now I'm piled up on the couch with my kitties, drinking a Sunkist, and watching Shrek! It's been a while since I have seen it, so I figured what better to watch if I have no cable?!

I'm really ready for Justin to get home. He will probably be working til about 11:00 tonight. yuck. I don't like these days when we barely get to see each other...
Over the last few days, I have over and over again been overwhelmed with thankfulness for my family, but mainly my husband. Maybe it's because of the time of year. This is my first year to be married during the holidays. It's so nice to have someone to share it all with.

I have always had a secret fear of being alone. I never told anyone about it. It was a fear that was tucked away deep. I didn't even like to acknowledge it. And then a little over a year ago, in November, God spoke through someone and told me that I should not fear. I would not have to go through life alone. He had a plan for me and for my life.

I held on to that promise, wrote it down, read it to myself... Little did I know that plan would begin to unfold less than 2 months later! In January I began dating the love of my life!!! Isn't God neat? He has everything worked out and timed perfectly. I am so very thankful for all of the promises God has made me. I know they will all come to pass in His perfect time because His Word is TRUTH!

No comments: