Monday, December 29, 2008

A Little Update-- No pictures

Since Christmas, we have been busy, busy. After finishing the paint in the kitchen/dining room, we decided to paint MORE! We have now painted an extra bedroom and are trying to decide on a color for the bathrooms! I'm loving this... pretty soon I'll have a whole new house!

Our friend Shelly moved to Minnesota in August. She came in for the holidays to visit. She went to church with us last night, and then we had her over for dinner. I didn't take pictures, but I thought I would share the recipe because it is delicious!

Pepper Jack Chicken

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

Worcestershire Sauce

Grill Seasonings

Diced Onion

Diced Jalapenos

Sharp Cheddar Cheese (4 oz)

Pepper Jack Cheese (8 oz)

Marinate chicken with Worcestershire sauce and grill seasonings for at least 10 minutes. Grill chicken breasts until they are tender. Sautee onions and jalapenos in a pan while chicken is cooking. Shred cheeses together onto a plate. Then spread cheeses and sautéed vegetables over cooked chicken, and put into oven to melt cheeses.

Church yesterday was amazing, as always. I love my church, my church family, my pastor, our worship team.. I just love it all!

Pastor Tom spoke about how we need to be "doers" of the Word, not just hearers. That really got me thinking. I know that I know the Word. I believe the Word. I hear and read the Word. But am I really living and "doing" the Word?? Do people around me notice that I'm different? Does my life show it? Am I like Christ? Because, afterall, that is what being a Christian is supposed to be about!

Justin and I decided to start following a program or whatever so that we can read the entire Bible in a year. I've always wanted to do it, but never would stay with it. Now we have each other to keep us accountable. I pray to learn and change and grow during this next year. I want my life to reflect my heart.

No comments: