Thursday, December 29, 2011

christmas 2011

Christmas this year was super special to me.  It was my first as a parent!  I had so much fun this year picking out Judah’s gifts and wrapping them.  I really enjoyed every moment.  We had a big tree for the first time since being married.  I loved sitting in the living room with no lights on except the lights on the tree.  I sipped hot chocolate with cool whip on most nights.  I got a new Christmas CD (David Crowder Band) and loved singing along and driving my hubby crazy.

IMG_4368edit

For so long I dreamed of how my life would look with kids in it, and now I’m living that dream out.  It’s pretty incredible. 

IMG_0645

I know that I want us to be a family that focuses on Jesus during Christmas.  And I want us to be a family that has traditions each year.  I want our children to have great memories of their childhoods.

IMG_1144

I think that each year we will open one gift on Christmas Eve night.  We will wake up Christmas morning and read the Christmas Story from the book of Luke as a family before opening gifts.  I also want to bake a “birthday” cake each year for Jesus.  We will take a ride and look at lights, watch Christmas movies, and spend tons of time with extended family members every year.

IMG_1133

Judah is by far my biggest gift this year.  He brings more joy to our home than I ever knew was possible.  Justin and I are truly blessed.

IMG_1157

Some pics from our Christmas this year::

IMG_1156IMG_1160

IMG_1166

IMG_1178

IMG_1185

IMG_1187IMG_1191

IMG_1196IMG_1206IMG_1195

IMG_1200IMG_1202

IMG_1211IMG_1224

IMG_1220IMG_1214

1 comment:

My Beloved Life said...

Great pictures! Your baby boy is just precious. I absolutely love the idea of baking a Christmas birthday cake. Best wishes for a lovely 2012!

xoxo
Ellie

belovedlifeofmine.blogspot.com