Saturday, October 22, 2011

1 month

I’m definitely not keeping up with this blog as well as I hoped to.  My sweet angel is one month old, and I haven’t even finished his birth story.  I will soon!

But for now…

Judah turned one month old yesterday!  I can hardly believe it.  The first month went by so fast.  It hasn’t been as hard as I prepared myself for.  But it hasn’t been easy by any means.  We have had quite an adventure.

For the first week or so that we were home from the hospital, Judah was such an easy baby.  He slept so much, ate well and rarely ever cried.  He made having a newborn in the house a very easy transition for mommy and daddy.  Both of us fell absolutely head over heels in love with this little guy.  After that first couple of weeks, though, we ran into some problems.  Our poor baby has had terrible tummy troubles that still aren’t quite resolved.  He has had really bad gas and shown signs of colic.  He fights going to sleep, especially at night.  He developed a mild case of thrush.  We have been through 3 types of bottles and 4 types of formula.  We have already been to see the doctor 3 times.  Like I said, quite an adventure!  haha! 

IMG_2642

His first outing was actually the day we came home from the hospital.  We wasted no time!  We went over to Justin’s parents house for dinner that night.  They only live about 5 minutes down the road, so it wasn’t a huge deal.

His first doctor appointment was to have his bilirubin levels checked for jaundice.  He still had a mild case, but the levels were dropping, so he got a good report!  At this appointment he had already gained some weight and was weighing 9 pounds, 7 ounces.

IMG_2666

By his two week appointment, he was weighing 9 pounds 12 ounces and seemed very healthy other than his tummy aches.

At his most recent appointment, which was this past Wednesday, he was weighing 11 pounds 8 ounces!  He is such a big boy!!!  That appointment was to check on his thrush and get a prescription to clear it up.

Judah has had many firsts already during this first month…  first trip to each of his grandparent’s house, first trip out to dinner with mommy and daddy, first bath, first real smile (we think), first time to hold his own weight up on his little legs, first photo session with mommy, and many more.

He is wearing size one diapers and size 0-3 and 3 months clothing.  He outgrew his newborn stuff very quickly.  He is eating on average 3 ounces every 2-3 hours.

He has many nicknames already.  Judah Man, Judah pants, peanut, mommy’s monkey, pumpkin boy, little man.  I’m sure he won’t approve of many of these names for much longer.. so I’m getting them in while he still doesn’t seem to mind ;).

Judah loves his swing, his pacifier, and his daddy!  All three of those things can calm him down and make him happy when mommy can’t do it.  He seems to already have a special bond with his daddy, and it is so sweet to watch.

IMG_2667

Our little boy has taught us about a love we didn’t know or understand.  We have both spent so much time just sitting and staring at him.  I can’t believe how blessed we are or how absolutely precious he is.  I can’t believe how fast he is growing or how fast time is passing us by.  I’ve had many moments during this month where I have felt overwhelmed.  I’ve felt the need to cook and clean house, but keep reminding myself that he won’t be little long.  That thought makes me sit and hold him a little longer and just breathe in his sweet baby scent.  So often he will fall asleep in my arms, and rather than putting him down so I can sleep or do things around the house, I’ll just hold him and cuddle until he wakes up.

Today starts month number 2 in his little life.  I can’t wait to see what this month holds, but I sure don’t want it to pass by too quickly.  I’m trying to enjoy every day.

1 comment:

Marcie said...

He is just precious! Congrats! Hope his tummy troubles feel better soon!