Thursday, October 14, 2010

apple pie

seriously… is it really halfway through october?!!!  i just cant believe it!  i am pretty happy about it though.  i LOVE fall.  it’s my very favorite season.  i wish it would stay fall all year. haha :)

i’ve been feeling pretty “fallish” lately i guess.  last night for dinner i made chicken pot pie and then apple pie for dessert.  apple pie definitely makes me think of fall…not sure why exactly.

anyway, i thought i would share the recipe i used.  this was my first time making apple pie, and it was easy and sooooo yummy.

IMG_9826

instead of taking the time and effort to make the crust, i just used a pillsbury refrigerated one.  i would never know the difference anyway.  and to us, its the stuff in the middle that’s important.

ingredients for filling:

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • a few dashes of lemon juice
  • 7-10 cut up apples

you just mix it all up and throw it inside the crust.  (it wasn’t in the recipe, but i added a few chunks of better on top for extra flavor!)  then you cover it with the top crust, pinch the edges together, and cut off any excess.  put four little slashes in the top with a knife.  brush some milk over the top and then sprinkle with sugar.  bake at 425 for about 30-40 minutes.  check halfway through and put foil over the top if it starts getting too brown.

enjoy!

i got the recipe here.

3 comments:

Lacey Herring said...

YUMMY! Pies are so easy..hence the saying 'easy as pie'! HA Im a nerd, i know!
I wonder why my link didnt work... I was having trouble copy and pasting it in my post so I just manually copied it... I am unsure of how to post certain things.. I still have trouble w pics even. Maybe you can show me one day!
Beautiful pie, lissa! I know you mustve had a happy hubby after that meal! Love you!

Jessica said...

i love apple pie!! it's my fave! i'm going to have to try this recipe! seems easy enough for me!

Ruth said...

This sounds so good. Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway. I am now following you!