Sunday, October 10, 2010

10.10.10

Today reminds me of one of the best days of my life.. 08.08.08, my wedding day :)

One of my very best friends, Lacey (check out her blog), and I were talking about how we need to get back into blogging.  She updated today, so I told her I would too!

I never posted anything about my birthday, so I guess I can do that now.

My birthday was 10/2.  I turned 26 years old.  I can’t believe that I’m now really closer to 30 than 20.  I so do not feel my age.  If I just had to guess my age by how old I feel, I would say around 22.  The only reason I can come up with for this is because I still don’t have any children.  Growing up I always thought I’d have at least 2-3 kids by the time I turned 26.  Here I am…still no babies!  I am doing my best to remember every single day that it is in God’s hands and His timing is perfect.  I wouldn’t mind if anybody wanted to throw some prayers up for us though.  The sooner the better for me!  :)

Anyways….. back to my birthday!  Justin took off for the day, so I got to spend the entire day with him.  We did some shopping before going out to dinner with some friends.  Then my lovely friend, Jenna, made me a yummy birthday cookie cake.  We celebrated with the cake while watching a football game.  It was overall a pretty low key day, but it was wonderful!  I got lots of texts, calls, and facebook messages from friends and family.  I also got some wonderful gifts.

My favorite gift from my hubby was this necklace--

IMG_9391

I had been keeping my eye on this necklace from The Vintage Pearl for a while now.  I wanted something small and simple that I can wear every day.  I also wanted it to be something I can add to as we have children.  Right now it has the pearl and the letter “j” for Justin.  As we have children, I will get more letters with their initials.  I think it will be something fun to do and will always have special meaning to me.

Besides my birthday, not a whole lot has been going on. 

My new job is going good.  Sometimes I can’t believe I’m getting paid to cuddle with and play with a sweet baby.  It seems too easy.  I don’t think I could ask for anything better right now.

I had a photoshoot with a family from church this weekend.  They are in the process of trying to adopt and needed and updated family portrait for their portfolio.  We had lots of fun getting some shots.  Hopefully I’ll have a few images to put up in the next few days!

What else….. the weather is awesome right now.  I wish with everything in me that it would stay like this all the time.  We just leave the windows open and feel the breeze and let the sunshine in.  I’ve been wanting to be outside more and more.  We have been going to some garage sales on the weekends.  It’s always fun to find such cheap treasures!  I found a cute little chair the other day for $5 that I’m gonna spray paint and use as a photography prop.

Guess that’s it for now!  I’m off to light a candle and enjoy the rest of this day….

1 comment:

Lacey Herring said...

O.m.g. It looks like you have done MUCH better then me at blogging! Your last blog was at the beginning of the month! And mine was at the beginning of SUMMER!! ha!!! Let's keep it going tho!!! I need that outlet to relieve stress and emotion! Lol