Sunday, December 12, 2010

a few of my favorite things.

It’s almost halfway through the last month of 2010.  I figured this would be as good a time as any to blog again.  I don’t know what it’s going to take for me to be consistent with this thing again….

A few of my favorite things.  In a list.  In no particular order.

1.) the holiday season. As much as I dislike the freezing cold temps, I love the holidays.  I love that I get to see all my family and at least a few good friends twice in two months.  Going home rocks!  Therefore the holidays rock.  I was pretty much camera-ed out this Thanksgiving and didn’t get many pictures.  Gotta do better at Christmas!  But I love this one of me and my daddy.. I don’t have many pictures with him, so I cherish this one..

IMG_0414

2.) my Ava princess.  Ava is and always will be one of my very favorite people.  She is a living doll.  I bought her a princess crown and gave it to her on Thanksgiving day.  I told her she was a princess.  Her response??  “no, I’m a QUEEN!!”.  So there we have it… she is Queen Ava from now on!  haha!

IMG_0803

3.) my Hubby.  He has been my rock here lately.  I’m so grateful for him.  He makes me laugh when I don’t feel like laughing.  He is changing before my eyes.. and the changes are good ones.  I feel so blessed! 

IMG_0816

4.) my job.  Although little man has been fussy lately, (He’s been cutting two teeth and dealing with a cold) I couldn’t ask for a better job.  Just look at that face…

IMG_0093

5.) my furry babies.  On cold nights before Justin gets home from work, I love cuddling with my puppy and my kitty.  They keep me good company.

IMG_0066

6.) caramel brulee fraps.  Starbucks knew what they were doing with this one.  No words.

IMG_0072

7.) my Christmas tree.  It is small.  But it, along with the stockings hanging from the mantle, does it’s job.  It brings me Christmas cheer!  I love having the lights on all the time.  Christmas is the best!

IMG_0082

8.) monster cookies.  These things  probably deserve their own post… but oh well!  A friend, also named Melissa, posted about making these on her blog.  I was intrigued!  All things good that can go into a cookie are combined together into one cookie!!!!  I made half a batch and it was plenty.  You must try them….

IMG_0088

9.)  MY NEW CAMERA AND NEW LENS!!!  I almost can’t believe it.  I have been wanting to upgrade for a while.  I was pushing my xsi to it’s limits at just about every shoot I’ve had here lately.  I needed something better.  But thought surely it wasn’t possible.  With the money from my old gear, my hubby, my wonderful in-laws, some money I’ve had saved, and a photog friend needing to upgrade also…. I’m now the proud owner of a Canon 5d and a 50mm 1.4 lens!  No pictures yet, but I had to list it, cause it’s definitely one of my favorite things right now.

10.) The Chronicles of Narnia movies.  Justin and I had seen the first two movies before, but when we found out the third was coming out this weekend we decided to have a little marathon.  We watched the first one last sunday, the second on wednesday, and went to the new one today!  They are all great, but I really enjoyed the newest one.  We went with some of our besties, Dustin and Jenna.  It was a good time.

No comments: