Thursday, February 10, 2011

1st appointment

Finally!  3 weeks felt like forever.. but today finally rolled around, and we had our first “baby doctor” appointment. 

Justin met me at the office right at my appointment time.  I got signed in, filled out paperwork, and got taken back almost right away to get started.  After some necessary (I guess) tests and 8 tubes of blood from my left arm, I still like my doctor.  Dr. F is what I’ll call her.  She is super sweet, down-to-earth and easy to talk to.  She even picked on Justin a little which I thought was funny of course!

I was super duper excited after my exam and everything because we got to have an ultrasound!  I was really hoping for one, but wasn’t sure since I’m not very far along still.

But here is Baby Perkins in all his/her glory…

IMG_0550 

Just a little peanut right now, but got mommy and daddy all excited!!! :) <3

I can’t even begin to explain how happy it made me and what a relief it was to see that little white spot on the screen.  I knew immediately that it was our little miracle.  I was looking hard for a heartbeat but didn’t see it.  Thankfully, though, we could hear it!

We were wondering if there would be only one or maybe two… but it’s just ONE this time!  He/she is measuring 7 weeks, 1 day, which means the due date is September 26th.  The heartbeat sounded so amazing… kinda like a washing machine.. haha!  It was 151 beats per minute.

I go back in one month for my next appointment.. I’m already counting down the days. We were told we probably won’t have another ultrasound until between 18 and 20 weeks to do an anatomy scan.  That seems so far away!  I know it’ll fly by though. 

I’m not taking this pregnancy or baby for granted.  Thank You, God!  I know all good and perfect gifts come from my Heavenly Father.  :)

3 comments:

jill said...

how fun!!! so glad it all went well ... i too was curious about how many jelly beans were bouncing around in there. ha! xoxo sweet friend ... enjoy this, it's an AWESOME time!

Megan said...

How awesome!! So glad your appt was good and you got to see the little peanut!
I'm totally jealous! I'm weeks ahead of you and still haven't seen my baby. Soon enough though!
I hope and pray you are feeling good.

tarynddavidson said...

Oh my goodness!! this brought tears to my eyes!! because I am so happy for you all! you will make wonderful parents!! :) yay for babies!