Monday, September 27, 2010

the end of an era

Since probably February or March, maybe earlier, I have been looking forward to this day.  Today was my last day working at the preschool.  I am so happy that my days there are finished.  I will absolutely miss some of my co-teachers and some of my kiddos, but overall… I’m thrilled!

One of the sweetest little guys came today with the perfect gift for me.  A yummy smelling candle.  How did his mommy know I’m a candle person?

I have this candle burning right now, and it’s smell mixed with the smell of freshly cut grass coming in the open windows is perfection.  (I forgot to mention that the weather today could not be any better.  It is our first little glimpse of fall.  And we are loving it!  I really hope it sticks around for a while.)

Tomorrow I start a new job.  I will be nannying for a precious young family with a 3 month old baby boy named Hudson. I am super excited about this… and a little nervous.  This is the job I have been praying for, and I am so very thankful.  I think it will be really great.

 

Other things I’m looking forward to this week:  seeing my sister and Ava, date night with my honey, and my BIRTHDAY! 

My birthday is Saturday… cannot wait!  I have no idea what we will do to celebrate, but I am ready!  Justin has given me zero clues about what he has for me, so I’m a little anxious/excited to open my gifts :)  Yay for birthdays!

No comments: