Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Baby Perkins #2

Justin and I always knew we wanted to have our babies close in age, but didn’t know just how close they would end up!  We weren’t trying to prevent pregnancy, so I knew that we could be blessed with another little one at any time.  Luckily I still had some tests from when I found out about Judah.

The day was Tuesday, April 24th.  My sister’s birthday.  I was late and suspected I may be pregnant.  Justin was gone that evening to his church group meeting, but I couldn’t wait any longer to find out.  Judah was already in bed, so I went to the bathroom and scanned over the instructions for the test.. did what it said.. and then tried to be calm.

A couple minutes passed, and sure enough “pregnant” was the word staring back at me.  All I could think in that moment was “oh my gosh… is this real?  oh my!”.  Then my next thought was “how do I tell Justin?”.  I wanted to do it some cute and creative way, but I hadn’t planned this out well at all.  I was on pins and needles waiting for him to get home that night.  I kept thinking about how exciting this was, how happy I was, how hard this was going to be, etc.  It was very much mixed emotions.  So different than when we found out about Judah. 

IMG_1393

Justin finally walked in the door, and all of my creative thoughts must have left at the same time.  All I could muster up was, “hey, I have something for ya…” and handed him the positive test.  Needless to say he was in shock too.  We were both definitely happy.  Babies, to us, are always a blessing.  And we even knew that it was a possibility that month.  And we definitely wanted this child.  But still, it was shocking to see a positive test when Judah was only 6 months old.

IMG_1565

Judah and his little sibling will be 15 months apart.  I’m due this time December 23rd… a wonderful Christmas gift for sure!

Since that April night, we have shared the news with everyone we love and care about.  We have started preparing to welcome a second baby into our lives.  We have celebrated and dreamed about what our future will look like.  I couldn’t be happier!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my gosh Melissa, I have goosbumps! I am so excited for you both!! You will be a wonderful momma to two! Please post here often so we can watch you and baby J grow!! I will be praying for a super healthy pregnancy from here on out!

In This Wonderful Life said...

congrats!!! that's so exciting!

Melissa said...

Thank you!! I'm really hoping to get back into blogging. I know I'll kick myself later for not recording our memories.

Melissa said...

Thanks so much!